REGIONAL INCOME TAX AGENCY
WILL BE SENDING OUT LETTERS TO NON FILERS
FACTS ABOUT FILING...
Everyone needs to file a return - if they owe tax or not. The only exception to the rule is any individual who does not have “taxable” income. For example, people who live and work in Fairport Harbor need to file, people who work outside of Fairport Harbor and reside in Fairport Harbor need to file, and any resident or non-resident who has scheduled (C,E,F) income within Fairport Harbor needs to file. Retirees who are truly retired and have no taxable income need to file an exemption.
Taxpayers can simply e-file returns at www.ritaohio.com, or mail or fax to RITA the documents listed on the non-filing letter. Call 440-526-0900 if you have questions.
10107 Brecksville Rd.
Brecksville, OH 44141
Municipal Income Tax
All persons earning income in the Village and businesses and residents with taxable income are subject to the 2% Municipal Income Tax. However, Fairport Harbor residents are granted a 100% credit for municipal income taxes paid to other communities up to 2%. Village residents with earned income must file an annual return with the Regional Income Tax Agency (R.I.T.A.), regardless of whether or not taxes are owed.
Call R.I.T.A. for questions regarding the payment of municipal income taxes and filing of returns at 1-800-860-7482.
Also, R.I.T.A. has the following e-services for residents and businesses:
- R.I.T.A. E-File: A quick, easy and secure way to file your municipal income taxes online with R.I.T.A.
- R.I.T.A. E-Payment: A convenient, simple, and secure method of paying municipal income taxes online.
- R.I.T.A. E-Registration: A fast and simple electronic method to establish your municipal income taxes online.
For more information log on to www.ritaohio.com or call 1-800-860-7482.
2013 RITA Forms (Regional Income Tax Agency)
- Form 37: Individual Income Tax Return
Instructions for Form 37
- Form 27: Net Profits Tax Return
Instruction Booklet for Net Profit Income Tax Form 27
- Form 10A: Application for Municipal Income Tax Refund
- Form 32: Declaration of Estimated Income Tax
New Municipal Tax Ordinances in Effect for Tax Year 2016
If your tax year started on or after January 1, 2016 these new ordinances apply. However, if your tax year started before that date the previous ordinances are still in effect.
What Ordinances Apply to Me?